Patient Participation Group
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
A PPG is a group of patients that assist with the strategic direction of a GP practice.
The Hugglescote Surgery PPG provides a forum for patients to engage with the practice in a constructive way. In doing so, members can help identify opportunities for change, thus helping the patient community as a whole.
They do this in the following ways:
- provide feedback on services from a patient perspective
- help the practice make the most effective use of its resources
- improve communication between the practice and its patients
- help patients take more responsibility for their own health
- influence decisions about proposed new services and their development