Visit us on Facebook
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Important - These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is separate advice about:
Staying at home if you're at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus
Staying at home if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
For the most up to date information and guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit:
If you usually take medication for hayfever please note that we advise you to start taking this from March onwards. If you use medication that is available to purchase over the counter at a pharmacy we will no longer be able to prescribe this for you.
Please see the below list of over the counter medications for hayfever:
• Acrivastine 8mg capsules
• Cetirizine 10mg tablets and 1mg/ml oral solution
• Loratadine 10mg tablets and 5mg/5ml syrup
• Chlorphenamine 4mg tablets 2mg/5ml oral solution
• Beclomethsone 50mcg/ml nasal spray
• Fluticasone 0.05% w/w nasal spray